HouseStay allows hosts to choose among two standardized cancellation policies (Moderate, and Strict) that we will enforce to protect both tenant and host alike. Each listing and reservation on our site will clearly state the cancellation policy. Tenants may cancel and review any penalties by viewing their travel plans and then clicking 'Cancel' on the appropriate reservation.
Moderate: 50% refund up until 1 week prior to arrival, except fees and deposit.
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if the tenant did not check in.
- HouseStay service fee is non-refundable.
- Accommodation fees (the monthly rate you're charged) are refundable in certain circumstances as outlined below.
- If there is a complaint from either party, notice must be given to HouseStay within 24 hours of check-in.
- HouseStay will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially cancelled when the tenant clicks the cancellation button on the Inquiry Details screen or emails HouseStay informing us of the cancellation.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.